One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Destruction of the natural environment, especially when deliberate.‘their crime is nothing less than attempted ecocide’
- ‘It is reasonable to conclude that the full economic costs of the Sudbury forest ecocide were actually many times the figures arrived at by Linzon.’
- ‘We all know that carbon emissions are contributing to global warming and ecocide.’
- ‘Through a century marked by ecocide - toxic releases, poisoned lands, nuclear accidents - Russian naturalists have battled, often against a totalitarian government, to save refuges like the one where Tatiana now works.’
- ‘The great mass of Russians, all too aware of the Soviet ecocide that decimated their land, have a passionate sense of the need to protect their environment.’
- ‘However, we tend to be less aware of our own ecocide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.