One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Destruction of the natural environment, especially when deliberate.‘their crime is nothing less than attempted ecocide’
- ‘Through a century marked by ecocide - toxic releases, poisoned lands, nuclear accidents - Russian naturalists have battled, often against a totalitarian government, to save refuges like the one where Tatiana now works.’
- ‘The great mass of Russians, all too aware of the Soviet ecocide that decimated their land, have a passionate sense of the need to protect their environment.’
- ‘We all know that carbon emissions are contributing to global warming and ecocide.’
- ‘However, we tend to be less aware of our own ecocide.’
- ‘It is reasonable to conclude that the full economic costs of the Sudbury forest ecocide were actually many times the figures arrived at by Linzon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.