Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who is very concerned about preserving the environment.
conservationist, preservationist, ecologist, green, nature-lover, eco-activistView synonyms
- ‘That threw the eco-nuts off long enough for us to plan.’
- ‘Written off by some as an eco-nut, he demonstrated an impressive savoir faire for waging an effective media campaign.’
- ‘How much do the eco-nuts think we have to cut greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption?’
- ‘I haven't been paying that much attention to the eco-nuts in the last decade.’
- ‘A bunch of eco-nuts had seen enough of the destruction and decided to shut down all of it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.