One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marine invertebrate of the phylum "Echinodermata" , such as a starfish, sea urchin, or sea cucumber.
- ‘These taxa consist of a broad array of organisms, including foraminifers, corals, bryozoans, mollusks, echinoderms, and fish.’
- ‘Included in this clade are three very different-looking phyla - the echinoderms, hemichordates and chordates.’
- ‘The fossil content consists of ammonites, belemnites, brachiopods, echinoderms, bivalves, crinoids, gastropods, ostracodes and benthic foraminifers.’
- ‘Basically what is available in the fossil record are only hard parts-bones and teeth for vertebrates, and shells for mollusks, arthropods and echinoderms.’
- ‘Some DNA-based studies of evolution suggest that hemichordates are actually closer to echinoderms than to true chordates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.