One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
look, see, loView synonyms
- ‘That is, en et ecce, my noble auditors! Walk in and see, ladies and gentlemen.’
- ‘By the time Pontius Pilate shouts to the mob, 'Ecce homo!', there is barely a man to behold, just a bloody wreck.’
- ‘"Ecce," I say, not shouting, but speaking clearly, projecting my voice, and my confidence.’
- ‘That is worth an Ecce indeed.’
- ‘Ecce my notes on the sermon.’
- ‘The soldiers burst out in the exclamation, so often attributed to them since, "Ecce Tiberim!"’
- ‘The rubric of it is written in their own blood, with an Ecce; the last Ecce of all, Behold our fearful end.’
- ‘Some folks do tend to go on so - and usually when they have less to say. Ecce, Blogatus.’
- ‘I am nothing if not an Open Book. Behold! Ecce Veritates!’
- ‘If anyone had been affected by the strength and power of the shout "Ecce Caesar" then Labienus was the man to puncture that boast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.