One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Buy or sell (goods) through the eBay website.
- ‘I just knew I had a ton of clothes and other stuff, that while I could eBay them and probably make more money, this would be more fun.’
- ‘I hate double-dipping, but this is one instance where you've just gotta spring for this edition, then eBay it when you get the second edition.’
- ‘The next question for everyone will be how quickly it's going to happen - and therefore how soon to eBay those old non-touch screens.’
- ‘Simple, you eBay it and don't link to this review, though I would suggest rummaging around the CD-ROM because all the voice files are in MP3 format.’
- ‘We're not asking you to eBay your gear and take up shuffleboard, of course.’
1997: from the proprietary name of the website eBay (from Echo Bay Technology Group, the name of a company run by eBay's founder, Pierre Omidyar).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.