One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rough or unfinished drawing or painting; a sketch.
drawing, preliminary drawing, outlineView synonyms
- ‘Le Travaille Interrompu is in Amherst and there are highly finished areas and ones where the ebauche is visible.’
- ‘Several of his late ebauches, or sketches, predate in their impetuous composition and stark colour the work of the Fauve painters.’
- ‘Ebauche, is a stage of painting, the first one, in color or monochrome.’
- ‘The book includes oil sketches and ebauches by the Barbizon School.’
- ‘"Arnault Officer" is more of a sketch than a true ebauche.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.