One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be humiliated by having to admit one's defeats or mistakes.‘the so-called experts will be eating crow tonight’
- ‘I smiled on the inside, glad that Sam had to eat crow.’
- ‘It will be nice to see you eating crow in your midseason report.’
- ‘And if I go overboard, I eat crow and apologize and beg for mercy.’
- ‘If by the 31 of December of this year, it hasn't happened, we will gladly eat crow.’
- ‘Every time I say I never want to hear another concept record about somebody's failed marriage, one comes along that's lovely enough to make me to eat crow.’
- ‘There, he needs to eat crow, apologise for his mistakes and make clear that he is turning a new page.’
- ‘I guarantee that I'll be back winning shows again, and then all the doubters are going to have to eat crow for dinner.’
- ‘But now the nutrition nay-sayers may have to eat crow.’
- ‘You will be eating crow for following a leader who has no intention of following through with his promises.’
- ‘We're having to eat crow, is what we're doing, and we might as well admit it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.