One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothes or shoes) not fitting tightly; comfortable.‘an easy-fitting, pull-on jumper’
baggy, loose-fitting, generously cut, slack, roomy, boyfriendView synonyms
- ‘He pushed his right hand into the pocket of his wide, easy-fitting trousers.’
- ‘The best travelers are comfortably dressed, in wrinkle-resisting, easy-fitting clothes, in colors and patterns that don't show smudges readily.’
- ‘In the South going barefoot or wearing light, easy-fitting shoes is more generally the custom.’
- ‘The garment should be easy-fitting over bust, hips and across the shoulders.’
- ‘The easy-fitting jeans and the loose, white shirts he usually wore made him look slightly stocky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.