One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothes or shoes) not fitting tightly; comfortable.‘an easy-fitting, pull-on jumper’
baggy, loose-fitting, generously cut, slack, roomy, boyfriendView synonyms
- ‘The garment should be easy-fitting over bust, hips and across the shoulders.’
- ‘In the South going barefoot or wearing light, easy-fitting shoes is more generally the custom.’
- ‘The easy-fitting jeans and the loose, white shirts he usually wore made him look slightly stocky.’
- ‘He pushed his right hand into the pocket of his wide, easy-fitting trousers.’
- ‘The best travelers are comfortably dressed, in wrinkle-resisting, easy-fitting clothes, in colors and patterns that don't show smudges readily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.