One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in general use) the Saturday preceding Easter Day.
- ‘On Easter Saturday, Hampstead wakes up lazily to a cloudless early spring sky.’
- ‘I am really delighted with the turn out today, especially with it being Easter Saturday, and they are all having such a great time.’
- ‘They arrived just after dark, on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘So for the weekend of Easter Saturday and Sunday everything to be inserted in the news letter needs to be in the parish office by today by noon.’
- ‘A big thank you also to the visitors and customers to the store Easter Saturday who filled our boxes to the tune of £427, a sum that completely overwhelmed us with its generosity.’
- ‘Yesterday, he was enjoying a peaceful Easter Saturday with his family in Bologna.’
- ‘An emergency injunction, made on Easter Saturday, was extended indefinitely by a High Court judge on Wednesday.’
- ‘The win was City's first since Easter Saturday and means they have picked up a four-point haul from back-to-back home games.’
- ‘What are we to make of Easter Saturday, the day between?’
- ‘On Good Friday, the Choir will sing Liturgy of the Lord's Passion, and the Easter Vigil will be on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘Lewis's practical working out of the theology of Easter Saturday dwells too much on God-in-the-grave and often loses sight of resurrection Sunday.’
- ‘Manchester face the prospect of relegation to National Two if they fail to come away with the points from Henley on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, the Vigil Mass will be at 9.00 pm.’
- ‘About twenty of the company's children will be performing in Parliament Street between 10.30 am and 6pm on Easter Saturday and Monday.’
- ‘Five pieces will whirl their way into the spotlight for the Easter Carnival Parade on Easter Saturday, all working with the theme Angels and Devils.’
- ‘April's market is on Easter Saturday, 19 April from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm at Central Parade, New Addington.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, we were taken on our journey to Rousse.’
- ‘It was performed in the presence of the whole parish on Easter Saturday, when the faithful renewed their own baptismal commitment.’
- ‘They face them at the County Ground on Easter Saturday, April 10, and possibly again in either the play off semi-final or final.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, he unpacked a large, promising-looking red cardboard box under the expectant eyes of his nephews.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.