One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in general use) the Saturday preceding Easter Day.
- ‘About twenty of the company's children will be performing in Parliament Street between 10.30 am and 6pm on Easter Saturday and Monday.’
- ‘Lewis's practical working out of the theology of Easter Saturday dwells too much on God-in-the-grave and often loses sight of resurrection Sunday.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, he unpacked a large, promising-looking red cardboard box under the expectant eyes of his nephews.’
- ‘They arrived just after dark, on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘April's market is on Easter Saturday, 19 April from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm at Central Parade, New Addington.’
- ‘I am really delighted with the turn out today, especially with it being Easter Saturday, and they are all having such a great time.’
- ‘The win was City's first since Easter Saturday and means they have picked up a four-point haul from back-to-back home games.’
- ‘An emergency injunction, made on Easter Saturday, was extended indefinitely by a High Court judge on Wednesday.’
- ‘Five pieces will whirl their way into the spotlight for the Easter Carnival Parade on Easter Saturday, all working with the theme Angels and Devils.’
- ‘A big thank you also to the visitors and customers to the store Easter Saturday who filled our boxes to the tune of £427, a sum that completely overwhelmed us with its generosity.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, the Vigil Mass will be at 9.00 pm.’
- ‘On Good Friday, the Choir will sing Liturgy of the Lord's Passion, and the Easter Vigil will be on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘What are we to make of Easter Saturday, the day between?’
- ‘It was performed in the presence of the whole parish on Easter Saturday, when the faithful renewed their own baptismal commitment.’
- ‘Yesterday, he was enjoying a peaceful Easter Saturday with his family in Bologna.’
- ‘So for the weekend of Easter Saturday and Sunday everything to be inserted in the news letter needs to be in the parish office by today by noon.’
- ‘They face them at the County Ground on Easter Saturday, April 10, and possibly again in either the play off semi-final or final.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, Hampstead wakes up lazily to a cloudless early spring sky.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, we were taken on our journey to Rousse.’
- ‘Manchester face the prospect of relegation to National Two if they fail to come away with the points from Henley on Easter Saturday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.