Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in general use) the Saturday preceding Easter Day.
- ‘So for the weekend of Easter Saturday and Sunday everything to be inserted in the news letter needs to be in the parish office by today by noon.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, Hampstead wakes up lazily to a cloudless early spring sky.’
- ‘It was performed in the presence of the whole parish on Easter Saturday, when the faithful renewed their own baptismal commitment.’
- ‘About twenty of the company's children will be performing in Parliament Street between 10.30 am and 6pm on Easter Saturday and Monday.’
- ‘A big thank you also to the visitors and customers to the store Easter Saturday who filled our boxes to the tune of £427, a sum that completely overwhelmed us with its generosity.’
- ‘An emergency injunction, made on Easter Saturday, was extended indefinitely by a High Court judge on Wednesday.’
- ‘Manchester face the prospect of relegation to National Two if they fail to come away with the points from Henley on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, he unpacked a large, promising-looking red cardboard box under the expectant eyes of his nephews.’
- ‘Yesterday, he was enjoying a peaceful Easter Saturday with his family in Bologna.’
- ‘Five pieces will whirl their way into the spotlight for the Easter Carnival Parade on Easter Saturday, all working with the theme Angels and Devils.’
- ‘April's market is on Easter Saturday, 19 April from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm at Central Parade, New Addington.’
- ‘The win was City's first since Easter Saturday and means they have picked up a four-point haul from back-to-back home games.’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, we were taken on our journey to Rousse.’
- ‘I am really delighted with the turn out today, especially with it being Easter Saturday, and they are all having such a great time.’
- ‘What are we to make of Easter Saturday, the day between?’
- ‘On Easter Saturday, the Vigil Mass will be at 9.00 pm.’
- ‘Lewis's practical working out of the theology of Easter Saturday dwells too much on God-in-the-grave and often loses sight of resurrection Sunday.’
- ‘They arrived just after dark, on Easter Saturday.’
- ‘They face them at the County Ground on Easter Saturday, April 10, and possibly again in either the play off semi-final or final.’
- ‘On Good Friday, the Choir will sing Liturgy of the Lord's Passion, and the Easter Vigil will be on Easter Saturday.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.