One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day after Easter Sunday, a public holiday in several countries.
- ‘Spring is a great time of year, what with Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day… hardly a week goes by without a day off work.’
- ‘Another service will take place at the cross in Otley Market Place at 3pm on Easter Monday.’
- ‘Members of the public can see the boat launched on Easter Monday between noon and 2.00 pm.’
- ‘The only four days when they would not be in use would be Christmas and Boxing days, Good Friday and Easter Monday.’
- ‘On Easter Monday, Michael will be aiming to keep a clean sheet against his dad's old team in the Division One game of the season at Molineux.’
- ‘A big chunk of our Easter Monday was spent in a queue in Anstruther.’
- ‘Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, and Boxing Day are not statutory holidays.’
- ‘Local rivals Bamber Bridge will provide the opposition on Boxing Day and Easter Monday.’
- ‘Having been flung to the wolves by the Ibrox set, he is quite ready to continue his resurrection at Molineux this Easter Monday.’
- ‘The rave had been due to continue on Easter Monday but police pressure forced it to end on the Sunday.’
- ‘The jury was told he arrived unannounced in Rowan Avenue in the evening of Easter Monday, after going to the house the previous day when the couple were out.’
- ‘It was an historic Easter Monday for punters and unionists alike.’
- ‘It will be Easter Monday, a public holiday and I'm not going to work, so I have to come up with something.’
- ‘Last Easter Monday the couple returned to England where a short while later Mrs Kelly became ill.’
- ‘As Easter Sunday and Easter Monday approached there was an air of excitement as the favourite past-time could resume.’
- ‘The massive fire started on the old tannery's top floor shortly after 6pm on Easter Monday, during the school holidays.’
- ‘Who will ever forget that magnificent Easter Monday 2001 in Croke Park?’
- ‘It's called ‘pomlazka’ and it happens in the forgotten lands of central Europe, every Easter Monday.’
- ‘On Easter Monday they had Clonad as visitors for a league game.’
- ‘On Easter Monday, April 21, the Ramblers will meet at Bonniconlon Church at 12 noon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.