One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day on which the festival of Easter is celebrated.
- ‘Good Friday and Easter Sunday continue to have massive relevance.’
- ‘This is an Easter musical telling the story from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.’
- ‘A cross, or sometimes the Host, was placed in the sepulchre from Good Friday to Easter Sunday.’
- ‘Large numbers of the faithful turned out through Holy Week and Easter Day for the various celebrations in the Churches of the area, with good weather facilitating attendance throughout.’
- ‘Currently the Easter break is tied to Easter Day, with the date changing from year to year.’
- ‘On Easter Day, those people who want to go to church are not prevented.’
- ‘Along with traditional Catholic and American holidays like Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Day, Sicilians also celebrate several feast days.’
- ‘On Easter Day there was a dawn service at 6am on Roundway Hill, overlooking the three crosses.’
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury leads a service in celebration of Easter Day reflecting on the cost of discipleship and the joy of the resurrection.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday 1865 mass was celebrated in this church for the first time.’
- ‘It was still that way in the early hours of the first Easter Day, until two women went to his tomb and found it open and empty.’
- ‘Children can take part in an Easter Trail on Good Friday and Easter Sunday at East Riddlesden Hall.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday my husband and I had a very enjoyable lunch at a friend's house.’
- ‘The Sermon for Easter Day makes explicit that the Resurrection is not just a pledge of human immortality but is linked inseparably to our justification.’
- ‘Well its Easter Sunday - traditionally the one day of the year when I never feel like chocolate.’
- ‘The next opportunity will take place on Easter Sunday when a community arts day for peace and reconciliation will be held in the village.’
- ‘The experience of the preparation for Easter during Lent and Holy Week only serves to heighten the experience of Easter Day itself.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday I went to a service in a church near my home in Oxford.’
- ‘Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Day are the three most important days in the Church year.’
- ‘Her passing was truly an Easter death - poised between Good Friday and Easter Day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.