Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The day on which the festival of Easter is celebrated.
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury leads a service in celebration of Easter Day reflecting on the cost of discipleship and the joy of the resurrection.’
- ‘A cross, or sometimes the Host, was placed in the sepulchre from Good Friday to Easter Sunday.’
- ‘Her passing was truly an Easter death - poised between Good Friday and Easter Day.’
- ‘Children can take part in an Easter Trail on Good Friday and Easter Sunday at East Riddlesden Hall.’
- ‘Currently the Easter break is tied to Easter Day, with the date changing from year to year.’
- ‘It was still that way in the early hours of the first Easter Day, until two women went to his tomb and found it open and empty.’
- ‘Good Friday and Easter Sunday continue to have massive relevance.’
- ‘This is an Easter musical telling the story from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday my husband and I had a very enjoyable lunch at a friend's house.’
- ‘On Easter Day, those people who want to go to church are not prevented.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday I went to a service in a church near my home in Oxford.’
- ‘On Easter Sunday 1865 mass was celebrated in this church for the first time.’
- ‘The experience of the preparation for Easter during Lent and Holy Week only serves to heighten the experience of Easter Day itself.’
- ‘Well its Easter Sunday - traditionally the one day of the year when I never feel like chocolate.’
- ‘Large numbers of the faithful turned out through Holy Week and Easter Day for the various celebrations in the Churches of the area, with good weather facilitating attendance throughout.’
- ‘The next opportunity will take place on Easter Sunday when a community arts day for peace and reconciliation will be held in the village.’
- ‘Along with traditional Catholic and American holidays like Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Day, Sicilians also celebrate several feast days.’
- ‘On Easter Day there was a dawn service at 6am on Roundway Hill, overlooking the three crosses.’
- ‘The Sermon for Easter Day makes explicit that the Resurrection is not just a pledge of human immortality but is linked inseparably to our justification.’
- ‘Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Day are the three most important days in the Church year.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.