One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Providing comfort or peace.‘life was easeful at that time’
- ‘The melody is tender but not unduly saccharine and is played here with more concern for easeful relaxation than poignancy.’
- ‘He returns to earth to rejoice in the easeful shade and water alongside the stretch of The Roman Road, dreary in the dogday heat.’
- ‘The easeful waters lapped at the shores quietly and there was an eerie atmosphere of calm conflicting harshly with the violence which was about show itself.’
- ‘She submerged them desperately in the easeful waters of the sea where it licked at the mouth of the cave.’
- ‘Here, that easeful function has been taken over by unconscious thoughts that, ‘recumbent in the day’, have assumed the guise of ‘a forest of thick-set trees’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.