Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A collapse of a mass of earth from a mountain or cliff.
landslip, rockfall, mudslide, earthslip, earthfallView synonyms
- ‘Should an earthslip occur after the reservoir is filled the consequences would be severe.’
- ‘An unexpected earthslip wiped out of existence parts of several villages.’
- ‘The dam burst a few hours after the second earthslip.’
- ‘Earthslips are a common hazard in tropical lands.’
- ‘Several properties, consisting of meadows and vineyards, have been utterly destroyed by a great earthslip.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.