One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collapse of a mass of earth from a mountain or cliff.
landslip, rockfall, mudslide, earthfallView synonyms
- ‘Should an earthslip occur after the reservoir is filled the consequences would be severe.’
- ‘An unexpected earthslip wiped out of existence parts of several villages.’
- ‘Several properties, consisting of meadows and vineyards, have been utterly destroyed by a great earthslip.’
- ‘The dam burst a few hours after the second earthslip.’
- ‘Earthslips are a common hazard in tropical lands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.