One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collapse of a mass of earth from a mountain or cliff.
landslip, rockfall, mudslide, earthslipView synonyms
- ‘Rounded natural steps led to the top of the Divide on the southern side where the earthfall had originated.’
- ‘The Marine platoon on Vegas, near Bunker Hill, took cover in its last remaining bunker as shells rained down, and then was sealed in by an earthfall.’
- ‘Very heavy rainfall may lead to flash floods in small watercourses, causing rapid bank erosion and many small landslides and earthfalls.’
- ‘This first description of knee dislocation involved a patient who was a miner and injured his knee in an earthfall.’
- ‘These portals lead to subterranean passages that pass deep into the hillside, some of which have been blocked by earthfalls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.