One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collapse of a mass of earth from a mountain or cliff.
landslip, rockfall, mudslide, earthslipView synonyms
- ‘The Marine platoon on Vegas, near Bunker Hill, took cover in its last remaining bunker as shells rained down, and then was sealed in by an earthfall.’
- ‘Very heavy rainfall may lead to flash floods in small watercourses, causing rapid bank erosion and many small landslides and earthfalls.’
- ‘These portals lead to subterranean passages that pass deep into the hillside, some of which have been blocked by earthfalls.’
- ‘Rounded natural steps led to the top of the Divide on the southern side where the earthfall had originated.’
- ‘This first description of knee dislocation involved a patient who was a miner and injured his knee in an earthfall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.