One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio station located on the earth and used for relaying signals from satellites.
- ‘The two said that Telecel Zambia has since 1998 been pressing for authority to install its own earth station to enhance the delivery system via satellite.’
- ‘Although this proved to be a challenge, we eventually were able to get a very small aperture terminal, which is a small earth station for satellite transmission.’
- ‘The Globalstar satellites have been in operation since October 1999, providing global voice and data communications to portable, mobile and fixed satellite earth stations.’
- ‘A standard international earth station and an international switching centre make for clear connections and direct dialling facilities to more than 228 countries.’
- ‘It's why they're sowing their systems with digital set-top boxes and high-speed modems, as they did two and three decades ago with new amplifiers, earth stations and converters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.