One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With sincere and intense conviction; seriously.‘they earnestly hope to come back in the summer’
seriously, solemnly, gravely, soberly, sincerely, intently, resolutely, firmlyView synonyms
- ‘Many of the youngsters entering the arena of serious theatre now take this objective quite earnestly.’
- ‘They earnestly hope to come back in the summer and they are most grateful for the kindness shown in Rathdowney and other areas.’
- ‘I earnestly looked through the magazine hoping to find some justification for the cover.’
- ‘Any given scientific project may be good, but it may also be earnestly pursued and gravely in error.’
- ‘I know that he earnestly and seriously believes the factual content of everything he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.