One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who leaves early, especially a person who abandons a pension plan before the expected date.
- ‘There are a large number of defined benefit scheme early leavers currently in retirement with frozen benefits and whose income is being eroded by inflation.’
- ‘In my judgment early leavers… or other members of the Scheme, are not in the position of bona fide purchasers.’
- ‘The preserved pension for early leavers was, as in the 1989 Rules, dealt with in Rule 8.4.’
- ‘It proposes - for the first time - that minimum levels of pension increase and interest be added to contributions for early leavers.’
- ‘The plan includes improved vesting and value of benefits for early leavers by reducing the qualifying period from five to two years.’
- ‘The schedule deals with the revaluation of pensions of early leavers, that is persons whose pensionable service terminates before normal pension age.’
- ‘Subsequent sub-paragraphs set out comparable limits for late and early leavers but it is unnecessary to refer to their details.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.