One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who starts using a product or technology as soon as it becomes available.
- ‘Any allegedly countercultural activity eventually comes full circle and the early adopters say ‘it's not how it used to be.’’
- ‘The next wave of people to buy the product are known as early adopters.’
- ‘Does being an early adopter of technology make it more difficult for you to stay in touch with regular people?’
- ‘Technology moves on; the cost of being an early adopter doesn't.’
- ‘Most people who read blogs are early adopters of technology, meaning if they answer they will affirm their use of several kinds of communications technology.’
- ‘These technology advances have removed many of the impediments encountered by early adopters of cluster computing technology.’
- ‘The exposure helps increase the company's stock price and creates a rapid demand for the technology among early adopters.’
- ‘If integration is the answer, then somebody needs to start integrating, and getting products out to the early adopters.’
- ‘The site draws a high volume of high-quality readers who are early adopters and enthusiasts of technology products.’
- ‘‘Business travellers will be the early adopters of this technology,’ said Cullen.’
- ‘I spent a few years being what the marketing people call an early adopter, buying new technology only to find it a lot cheaper in six months time.’
- ‘In this case, it's becoming fairly clear that people who are listening to digital music and in connected ways are very definitely more like early adopters than they are freaks.’
- ‘If the government showed as much brio encouraging computer literacy as the Dudley Grid for Learning, we would be a nation of tech-savvy early adopters by now.’
- ‘It was an early adopter of technology that in the 1980s replaced the old mechanical spinning reels with digital chips.’
- ‘This is possibly the first time in history - and almost certainly the last - that traffic wardens are volunteered for a brigade of technology early adopters.’
- ‘The additives are intended primarily for early adopters of new technology, says the senior engineer.’
- ‘You need to be able to sell the product to early adopters.’
- ‘In it, the authors talk about taking products that sell well for the early adopter, uber-geeks and positioning them for the mainstream, less technical audience.’
- ‘The images confirm that early adopters of technology often have wads of disposable income.’
- ‘The company is talking to operators about licensing its technology and Bisaz expects early adopters to begin offering it to customers by the beginning of next year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.