One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We measured the total nocturnal flight time of 60 individual male moths representing seven species of eared moths and five species of earless moths.’
- ‘It comes round or oval, lidless and sometimes earless, most often with vertical sides, though in the round version the sides could slope to a small flat base.’
- ‘Small, rufous, and earless, the Serendib Scops Owl is quite unlike any other owl in Sri Lanka or anywhere else in the Indian subcontinent.’
- ‘The tea is poured into earless cups and served with both hands.’
- ‘As the ghost spoke, his earless sibling aimed a wand of fire at the stranger and the other one tried to break free of his ‘wrappings’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.