One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of alternative therapy in which the tapered end of an ear candle is placed in a person's ear while the other end of the candle is lit, in the belief that earwax and other impurities are drawn out of the ear canal by a partial vacuum created by the candle flame.‘the Spa menu includes colonics, ear candling, and body brushing performed with an oak-leaf broom’
- ‘Learn to remove ear toxins holistically with this ear-candling book and video.’
- ‘Perhaps my problems will respond t Tanya's skill in ‘Hopi ear-candling.’’
- ‘A few years ago my grandmother happened to mention the practice of "ear-candling" and how her mother used to perform this home remedy on her when she was a child.’
- ‘Ear-candling is a process which is said to extract ear-wax (cerumen).’
- ‘However, I will describe here a test we did of a very popular health fad known as "ear-candling."’
- ‘Graham, a certified reflexologist came and spoke about ear-candling. Two staff were used to demonstrate and many residents were curious and came to watch.’
- ‘Mind, Body, Spirit is more than ear-candling, crystal-waving and ooky-spooky mumbo-jumbo.’
- ‘She shares her wry frustration over a long and ultimately futile dance with drugs, surgery, massages, restrictive diets, ear-candling, acupuncture, and dozens of other potential fixes each time hoping crazily that this attempt at a cure will be the one.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.