One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large marine ray with long pointed pectoral fins, a long tail, and a distinct head.
- ‘Spiny urchins crawl over much of the fairly lifeless rock, but we do see a moray, some curious wrasse and an eagle ray.’
- ‘We were halfway through a dive when a beautiful eagle ray came flapping out of the blue, skimming over us and plunging into the sand to pick up some lunch.’
- ‘While he has never heard of a fatal attack by a spotted eagle ray, Cowen says it is quite common for the animals to leap out of the water.’
- ‘On one dive an eagle ray passed me within 10 feet, lazily winging its way across the grassy flats.’
- ‘At one point, a huge puffer vied for attention with an even bigger hogfish, while an eagle ray dug into the sand beneath an overhang of soft corals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.