One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Out of many, one (the motto of the US).
- ‘In spirit, it's akin to America's e pluribus unum - out of many, one.’
- ‘But e pluribus unum and ‘one and indivisible’ are mottoes at war with each other.’
- ‘If there is a society on earth that can still perform the extraordinary feat of forging some sort of unity out of such diversity - e pluribus unum, as the coins say - it is America.’
- ‘The idea of e pluribus unum (out of many, one) is anathema to them.’
- ‘Sports also buttress the highest goal of America - e pluribus unum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.