One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Difficulty in speaking due to a physical disorder of the mouth, tongue, throat, or vocal cords.
- ‘Since our experience with this child, we have established a service for the early evaluation of childhood dysphonia using stroboscopic fibreoptic laryngoscopy.’
- ‘A 42-year-old man was referred to our Pulmonary Clinic for evaluation of a chronic productive cough and dysphonia for the duration of 2 years.’
- ‘Voice therapy for dysphonia consists of a series of techniques that aim to correct maladaptive and inappropriate vocal behaviours.’
- ‘This is a multisystem condition causing complications such as anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, myalgia, dysphonia, and urinary incontinence.’
- ‘No study has yet examined the overall effectiveness of voice therapy for dysphonia in terms of either changes in voice quality or changes in psychological distress or laryngoscopic findings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.