One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exerting a detrimental effect on later generations through the inheritance of undesirable characteristics.‘dysgenic breeding’
- ‘This dysgenic crisis would surely bring communism and the regression of mankind.’
- ‘In the generations following a dysgenic cross, the IF invades the genome until it reaches 10-15 copies per haploid genome and is progressively repressed through an autoregulation process.’
- ‘War was considered dysgenic - it killed off society's best.’
- ‘These dysgenic females were highly sterile due to a high level of I retrotransposition.’
- ‘Another fact that supports the DHPR role in the slow calcium signal is the complete absence of response in electrically stimulated myotubes derived from the dysgenic cell line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.