Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The practice of pricing items at a level determined by a particular customer's perceived ability to pay.
- ‘If you combine an environment of dynamic pricing with global price transparency, that's going to force an awful lot of change in cost structures and distribution systems.’
- ‘They do customer segment dynamic pricing to increase customer loyalty.’
- ‘PC vendors are planning to introduce dynamic pricing to shift inventory online.’
- ‘Later on more dynamic pricing comes into place to maximize revenue on existing production capacity.’
- ‘Demand will be better controlled by dynamic pricing, and the utility may just be able to forego building that $2 billion power plant they've been planning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.