One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house used as a residence rather than for business.
residence, place of residence, place of habitation, home, house, accommodation, lodging place, billetView synonyms
- ‘He is seeking planning permission from the council to erect a dwelling house, septic tank and percolation area here.’
- ‘He outlined that his farm comprised a yard, buildings and a dwelling house and the land was divided into six symmetrical fields varying in size from about 12 to 15 acres.’
- ‘As a result the plaintiff did not obtain possession of a dwelling house which he had let and he and his wife had to live in cramped conditions with his parents in law.’
- ‘Area 1 continued, throughout this period, to be used for purposes incidental or ancillary to the use of the Cottage as a dwelling house, but agriculture ceased as a primary use of this land.’
- ‘It simply meant that any building or any part thereof had to be used as a dwelling house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.