One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house used as a residence rather than for business.
residence, place of residence, place of habitation, home, house, accommodation, lodging place, billetView synonyms
- ‘He is seeking planning permission from the council to erect a dwelling house, septic tank and percolation area here.’
- ‘Area 1 continued, throughout this period, to be used for purposes incidental or ancillary to the use of the Cottage as a dwelling house, but agriculture ceased as a primary use of this land.’
- ‘It simply meant that any building or any part thereof had to be used as a dwelling house.’
- ‘He outlined that his farm comprised a yard, buildings and a dwelling house and the land was divided into six symmetrical fields varying in size from about 12 to 15 acres.’
- ‘As a result the plaintiff did not obtain possession of a dwelling house which he had let and he and his wife had to live in cramped conditions with his parents in law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.