One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time spent in the same position, area, stage of a process, etc.‘the dwell time of the fibres in the drum’count noun ‘the dwell times of the different lasers’
- ‘Critical in postassembly dispense processes, flow or dwell time is the time required to allow dispensed adhesive to fully flow into the well and core.’
- ‘These ‘multi-tau’ correlators calculate the correlation function using many different dwell times in comparison with the single dwell time used in earlier linear correlators.’
- ‘A nonparametric kernel density estimate is constructed by representing each sojourn by a kernel function positioned at the actual value of the sampled dwell time.’
- ‘The dwell time of the powder ignition doesn't have a chance to appreciably raise the temperature of the lead.’
- ‘About fifteen minutes before impact, Rosetta will start observing the comet with shorter dwell time, as fast changes are expected due to the impact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.