One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A DVD on which recordings can be made and erased a number of times.
- ‘Their rewritable DVD-RW is supposed to be readable in DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players.’
- ‘The all-format USB 2.0 lets you create DVD + RWs, DVD-RWs, DVD-RAMs, CD-RWs more quickly and easily, so you can save and share data or multimedia files.’
- ‘This unit removes some confusion by catering for most DVD formats: it records and plays DVD-R, + R, RW and the impressive DVD-RW (VR mode), with which you can edit recordings.’
- ‘There's a DVD-RW and 17-inch digital TFT screen, plus a PCMCIA and card reader.’
- ‘The rate payable on DVD recordable discs, DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM, has also been cut, from 7.5 cents to 6.5 cents.’
- ‘It also writes DVD + RW discs at 8x and DVDR at 16x and DVD-RW at 6x.’
- ‘The DVD + RW and DVD-RW are both rewritable, just like the DVD-RAM.’
- ‘If you ever plan to erase or record over the contents of a DVD, then you will need to purchase a DVD-RW.’
Abbreviation of DVD rewritable (or random-access memory).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.