One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On which the cost of duty has been met.‘limits on duty-paid goods’
- ‘Imperial last week reported a 17% rise in profits for the six months to March 2002-the first growth in the duty-paid UK cigarette market for a decade.’
- ‘He is accused of giving in to Customs & Excise, which wants a physical means of identifying duty-paid products.’
- ‘The concession was made in part to help wholesalers offset the cost of putting UK duty-paid stamps on bottles, now required by the Government in an attempt to stamp out cross-Channel bootleggers.’
- ‘Duty free has ended, of course, but French and other countries' duty-paid prices are much cheaper than those in the UK with £7.99 champagne and £1.99 and £2.99 red and white table wines aplenty.’
- ‘You're entitled to bring back as much duty-paid alcohol and tobacco as you want for your personal use.’
- ‘The penalty can be as much as three times the duty-paid value of the goods.’
- ‘The buying of a duty paid car in Cyprus does not have any complications as long as you obtain current insurance, a driving license, and a vehicle license.’
- ‘Independents are divided over Customs and Excise proposals to put a duty paid stamp on spirits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.