One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female native or inhabitant of the Netherlands, or a woman of Dutch descent.‘the Dutchwoman said she had reclaimed Holland's national honour’
- ‘The Dutchwoman also had a bogey-free round.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman rode an aggressive race and made the right moves when it mattered.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman, the current world champion in road and cyclocross, will enter Wednesday's round of the World Cup as the top favorite once again.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman won the road race in London in 2012.’
- ‘When the door was safely shut on the German and the Dutchwoman, he got off the bed and washed away the soap he had rubbed on his eyelids.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman's victory at London 2012 brought her a fourth successive Paralympic singles gold medal.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman is the only disabled athlete ever to pose nude for ESPN The Magazine's annual Body Issue.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman spent much of this year riding in the service of her teammates.’
- ‘‘They do not seem to know how to behave on holiday,’ one Dutchwoman said.’
- ‘The German strode past on one side to win the race, and the Dutchwoman went past on the other.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman made headlines on Sunday when she won a gold, but she faces a challenge from two of her compatriots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.