One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female native or inhabitant of the Netherlands, or a woman of Dutch descent.‘the Dutchwoman said she had reclaimed Holland's national honour’
- ‘The German strode past on one side to win the race, and the Dutchwoman went past on the other.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman made headlines on Sunday when she won a gold, but she faces a challenge from two of her compatriots.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman's victory at London 2012 brought her a fourth successive Paralympic singles gold medal.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman also had a bogey-free round.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman rode an aggressive race and made the right moves when it mattered.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman won the road race in London in 2012.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman, the current world champion in road and cyclocross, will enter Wednesday's round of the World Cup as the top favorite once again.’
- ‘‘They do not seem to know how to behave on holiday,’ one Dutchwoman said.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman is the only disabled athlete ever to pose nude for ESPN The Magazine's annual Body Issue.’
- ‘The Dutchwoman spent much of this year riding in the service of her teammates.’
- ‘When the door was safely shut on the German and the Dutchwoman, he got off the bed and washed away the soap he had rubbed on his eyelids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.