One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.‘the reliability and durability of plastics’
imperishability, permanence, longevity, ability to last, lastingness, resilience, strength, sturdiness, toughness, robustness, soundnessView synonyms
- ‘The durability of wicker varies depending on the materials used to make the wicker.’
- ‘As for wear and tear, the durability will depend on the level of traffic in the room concerned.’
- ‘It's not cheap, but the material is known for its quality and durability.’
- ‘This is because the same type of stone varies in durability depending on its place of origin.’
- ‘On one level, this scarcely believable feat suggests continuity and durability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.