Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.‘the reliability and durability of plastics’
imperishability, permanence, longevity, ability to last, lastingness, resilience, strength, sturdiness, toughness, robustness, soundnessdurablenessView synonyms
- ‘This is because the same type of stone varies in durability depending on its place of origin.’
- ‘As for wear and tear, the durability will depend on the level of traffic in the room concerned.’
- ‘It's not cheap, but the material is known for its quality and durability.’
- ‘On one level, this scarcely believable feat suggests continuity and durability.’
- ‘The durability of wicker varies depending on the materials used to make the wicker.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.