1A half-tone illustration made from a single original with two different colours at different screen angles.
picture, drawing, sketch, figure, graphicView synonyms
- ‘My background had not prepared me very well for the juggler's trick the magazine presented, let alone the mysteries of production-pasteup, duotones, negatives, plate burning, color separations, and so much more.’
- ‘At 13 1/2 by 9 inches, this 185-page, clothbound publication is a large, vertically oriented book of 115 duotones surveying his production since 1984.’
- ‘The duotones which he pulls out of blurred contrasts of branches against sky, for example, in their jerky linear complexity remind one of ink drawings.’
- ‘This magnificent book - large-format, 340 pages, beautifully printed, with more than 200 full-page duotones of photographs taken over her entire career - is almost, almost, worth it for the words.’
- 1.1[mass noun]The technique or process of making duotones.‘the best images that duotone can produce’
- ‘Heavily illustrated in color and duotone, the 256-page hardback book features his monumental and studio sculpture, plaster and clay maquettes, as well as drawings.’