One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While it is in a duopolistic domestic railroad market, its market power was severely constrained by cross-border substitutes in the United States and by domestic substitutes such as trucking and shipping.’
- ‘If you had told me 30 years ago that in the United States in the year 2004, no female presidential candidate had ever been nominated by either of the duopolistic parties I would not have believed you.’
- ‘Unsurprisingly, big, politically painful structural changes, such as ending the cable franchise system, which reduces land line competition to a duopolistic farce, are nowhere in sight.’
- ‘The best a much condensed Dons following can realistically hope for in these duopolistic times is a brush with bronze, but defeat to Motherwell yesterday dented even that humble aspiration.’
- ‘No one wants them to fail given the duopolistic nature of the mobile phone industry, but hopefully this serves as an early warning to the company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.