One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fantasy role-playing game set in an imaginary world based loosely on medieval myth.
- ‘Role playing, originating as Dungeons and Dragons, has expanded to include settings and game systems in every imaginable sphere, and then some.’
- ‘Much like the movie itself, the game Dungeons and Dragons bored me to tears when I tried to play it.’
- ‘She was a knockout, the most eligible bachelorette in all of England and the bulk of Scandinavia and yet she was absolutely obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons!’
- ‘Anyway, the audience was almost sold out and was wise to the ins and outs of Dungeons and Dragons and laughed uproariously.’
- ‘We just played Dungeons and Dragons throughout our entire High School Prom!’
- ‘So I was happy when I got to my job after college and found people (normal people, thank you) to play Dungeons and Dragons with.’
- ‘1982 was a time when the fantasy genre was taking off due to the rising popularity of the game Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘However this is not to condemn all role-playing, or Dungeons and Dragons in particular.’
- ‘Most of the early drop was due to competition from role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘And the winner of the most bizarre random scene of the week would have to be where Lou is playing Dungeons and Dragons, dressed like a wizard, with some geeks, at the High School.’
- ‘Now I know that however law-abiding and nice to people I am, I'm still going to burn in hell forever because I once played Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘The scope of this study includes not only fantasy adventure games such as Dungeons and Dragons, but also card games, board games, and videogames.’
- ‘This sounds too much like Dungeons and Dragons, or something.’
- ‘Christy started with Dungeons and Dragons years ago, a precursor to many video games, then she stumbled across a similar world on her computer.’
- ‘There were signs all over advertising the latest games, and there was always a group of kids playing Dungeons and Dragons outside the store sitting at a small circular table.’
- ‘What about games that use something besides six-sided dice (although Dungeons and Dragons is the only such game I can think of at the moment)?’
- ‘I have been an avid roleplaying game fan for more than 20 years, and like many others, played Dungeons and Dragons extensively.’
- ‘There were many scapegoats, including much finger pointing at the emergence of the role playing craze, led by the phenomenally successful Dungeons and Dragons.’
- ‘However, if you have an interest in cosmic knights, trolls, witches, devil women or other manifestations of too many hours spent playing Dungeons and Dragons then metal is your music.’
- ‘But has anyone played Dungeons and Dragons recently?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.