One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dumper truck.
- ‘With his life savings he bought a dump truck and a backhoe.’
- ‘They wear orange jump suits and swoop down from some ungodly perch and sweep and gather and toss it all into the back of a dump truck with unmarked California exempt plates.’
- ‘The drummer, grinning at the joke, lounges on the open gate of the dump truck, his drums nestled among the garbage.’
- ‘The tanker did not explode but its cab, the dump truck and another truck burst into flames that burned other drivers and terrified onlookers.’
- ‘The dump truck struck the tractor trailer while traveling at a speed in excess of 74 k/hr.’
- ‘A horn caught her attention, and she snapped her head up to see she was still in motion, in the middle of an intersection, with a city dump truck headed towards her.’
- ‘The articulated dump truck was made to be more versatile.’
- ‘I decided to leave the house, and as I pulled out of my driveway, I decided to follow the next dump truck I saw.’
- ‘From there, a dump truck took them to the river and a waiting helicopter.’
- ‘Two decades ago, this kind of storage would have necessitated a dump truck.’
- ‘A dump truck was on the track here at this intersection that you see.’
- ‘An orange dump truck lumbers up the street followed by workers with picks and sledgehammers.’
- ‘Designed to convert a pickup truck into a dump truck, the insert product is 32 years old and costs around $2,300.’
- ‘A second post from the guy that hates his blog today doesn't mean he'll be back; he's just clearing the air after a dump truck drove by it.’
- ‘The driver was standing in line for his food at the time his dump truck began rolling.’
- ‘Then, struck by a dump truck, it tottered on its lip for a moment.’
- ‘As the thin trunks are piled onto trucks, other workers throw branches into a chipper, which sprays thumb-sized pieces of wood into a dump truck.’
- ‘As the van was passing the car, a dump truck appeared traveling in the opposite direction and the two vehicles were unable to avoid a collision.’
- ‘The Supreme Court left the door open just a crack, and they drove a dump truck through it.’
- ‘The main appeal, of course, is that you can pull them along behind a dump truck or other multipurpose vehicle and forego the expense of a dedicated tractor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.