Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dumper truck.
- ‘The drummer, grinning at the joke, lounges on the open gate of the dump truck, his drums nestled among the garbage.’
- ‘The dump truck struck the tractor trailer while traveling at a speed in excess of 74 k/hr.’
- ‘The main appeal, of course, is that you can pull them along behind a dump truck or other multipurpose vehicle and forego the expense of a dedicated tractor.’
- ‘Two decades ago, this kind of storage would have necessitated a dump truck.’
- ‘As the van was passing the car, a dump truck appeared traveling in the opposite direction and the two vehicles were unable to avoid a collision.’
- ‘With his life savings he bought a dump truck and a backhoe.’
- ‘A horn caught her attention, and she snapped her head up to see she was still in motion, in the middle of an intersection, with a city dump truck headed towards her.’
- ‘The Supreme Court left the door open just a crack, and they drove a dump truck through it.’
- ‘I decided to leave the house, and as I pulled out of my driveway, I decided to follow the next dump truck I saw.’
- ‘The driver was standing in line for his food at the time his dump truck began rolling.’
- ‘As the thin trunks are piled onto trucks, other workers throw branches into a chipper, which sprays thumb-sized pieces of wood into a dump truck.’
- ‘From there, a dump truck took them to the river and a waiting helicopter.’
- ‘They wear orange jump suits and swoop down from some ungodly perch and sweep and gather and toss it all into the back of a dump truck with unmarked California exempt plates.’
- ‘A second post from the guy that hates his blog today doesn't mean he'll be back; he's just clearing the air after a dump truck drove by it.’
- ‘A dump truck was on the track here at this intersection that you see.’
- ‘Then, struck by a dump truck, it tottered on its lip for a moment.’
- ‘An orange dump truck lumbers up the street followed by workers with picks and sledgehammers.’
- ‘The tanker did not explode but its cab, the dump truck and another truck burst into flames that burned other drivers and terrified onlookers.’
- ‘The articulated dump truck was made to be more versatile.’
- ‘Designed to convert a pickup truck into a dump truck, the insert product is 32 years old and costs around $2,300.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.