One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘You Americans are dumbheads and do not understand simple English.’
- ‘In English law, I think calling her a ‘dumbhead’ could be defended as fair comment as long as he can show that he didn't say it with malice, and that it is simply his honest opinion.’
- ‘It is not the number of questions that is important, you dumbhead!’
- ‘Some dumbheads are everywhere, but the good outweigh the bad.’
- ‘You are humble and you do not let things go to your head like the other three dumbheads.’
- ‘It appears that the govt. asked the ISPs to block certain blogs that had the potential to whip up religious passions (apart from the efforts of dumbheads like these two in Mumbai).’
- ‘When they asked their advisor to retract the paper, he replied ‘I have already sent off your paper; besides, you are both young enough that you are permitted to make dumbheads of yourselves.’’
- ‘That's what the dumbheads want… I'd rather it was the other way around.’
- ‘Precedent is not necessarily on your side either, so it is insufficient to just say ‘Constitution, dumbhead.’’
- ‘I was being coy with these dumbheads.’
- ‘In this group you've got your loonies and dumbheads, who we don't need to quantify, and your militia freaks, who we do but can't.’
- ‘The three, albeit hot, dumbheads behind the bar took their sweet time to even acknowledge us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.