One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The narrator emerges from a two-month period of isolation and dumbfoundedness after the unexplained loss of his arm.’
- ‘This story has me shaking my head in dumbfoundedness.’
- ‘Cubans just shrugged when I showed my complete and utter dumbfoundedness at this unnecessary barrier to development and said "este pais" (this country).’
- ‘His blank stare revealed his dumbfoundedness, and I knew he had no idea about the meaning of what I had just said.’
- ‘I came away feeling a combination of slack-jawed dumbfoundedness and downright anger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.