One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
- ‘They have so much chemistry, the dumb cluck has no credibility at all.’
- ‘With only about four percent of our population still farming, it's okay to think of them as ‘dumb clucks?’’
- ‘The dumb cluck's probably a virgin, I thought, what with all that fanaticism about ‘purity.’’
- ‘He stated: ‘He is a Harvard-educated guy; he's not some dumb cluck just off the farm.’’
- ‘When his behavior spotlights the chasm between the ideal father and the dumb cluck who tries to fill that role, the ideals are called into question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.