One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I let my head fall back as I clapped my hands onto my face, my head throbbing dully and painfully.’
- ‘It was while walking dully along on Tuesday that I first heard the news breaking, from a radio that a passing cyclist had on.’
- ‘Oil lamps that dully lit the room enhanced the look of the antiques.’
- ‘Then, he stared dully around him at the wildly cheering crowd.’
- ‘I've got an infected gum, and although it's healing well, it aches dully throughout the day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.