One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute duct.
tube, channel, passage, canal, vesselView synonyms
- ‘There is a proliferation of ductules, usually at the marginal areas of the triads.’
- ‘The bile canaliculi join with the bile ductules, which then form the bile ducts.’
- ‘Under the low pressure of bile secretion, bile flows continuously along converging canaliculi, ductules and ducts.’
- ‘Proliferation of ducts and ductules may become conspicuous.’
- ‘They are composed of islands, large nests, or sheets of tumor cells forming ductules, which are lined by cuboidal to columnar epithelium.’
Late 19th century: Latin, diminutive of ductus ‘leading’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.