Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A minute duct.
tube, channel, passage, canal, vesselView synonyms
- ‘They are composed of islands, large nests, or sheets of tumor cells forming ductules, which are lined by cuboidal to columnar epithelium.’
- ‘Under the low pressure of bile secretion, bile flows continuously along converging canaliculi, ductules and ducts.’
- ‘There is a proliferation of ductules, usually at the marginal areas of the triads.’
- ‘The bile canaliculi join with the bile ductules, which then form the bile ducts.’
- ‘Proliferation of ducts and ductules may become conspicuous.’
Late 19th century: Latin, diminutive of ductus leading.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.