Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for duck's arse
- ‘Melissa is a bit more punk, androgynous in her dyed-blond ducktail.’
- ‘Leather jackets and ducktails make up for any sense of direction or motivation among these characters as they meander through high school, girls, and the soda shop.’
- ‘The ducktail was adopted lovingly by Hollywood to represent the wild youth of the Fifties.’
- ‘His hair was combed back into a perfect ducktail, and on top two tiny curls fell from his pomp.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.