Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A layout in a room or building in which windows on adjacent walls allow for views in more than one direction:[as modifier] ‘a dual-aspect master bedroom’
- ‘Upstairs, the dual aspect master bedroom is larger than average.’
- ‘Upstairs, the first of the property's four bedrooms is a dual aspect double with built-in wardrobes.’
- ‘The interconnecting living and dining rooms span the length of the building with large sash windows giving dual aspect views.’
- ‘The ground floor is allocated for commercial use, with 50 dual-aspect apartments upstairs.’
- ‘However, the dual aspect that features throughout 90 % of the units adds a sense of dynamism, and each of the apartments has an individual design.’
- ‘Both rooms are dual aspect, with views to the front and back, and each is fitted with an extensive range of wardrobes.’
- ‘The linear form of the buildings maximises daylighting, with most apartments having dual aspect.’
- ‘Upstairs, the dual aspect master bedroom runs the length of the house.’
- ‘Apartment 119 is a third floor dual aspect unit with around 58 square metres of accommodation, not including the balcony.’
- ‘The airy drawing room is a very good size and has a dual aspect.’
- ‘This dual aspect room also has garden access and overlooks the rear patio through picture windows on two sides.’
- ‘The final bedroom has a Velux window and is dual aspect.’
- ‘Doors from the bedrooms lead to a balcony and all of the apartments are dual aspect.’
- ‘Like the kitchen it is dual aspect, with the main focal point a fireplace with fuel-burning stove.’
- ‘All of the apartments will have balconies or terraces, while most will also feature en suite bathrooms and dual aspect views.’
- ‘A number of different apartment styles are on offer, with most being split level and dual aspect.’
- ‘The master bedroom, which is also dual aspect, has a bay window and double built-in wardrobes.’
- ‘The larger dual aspect bedroom is of similar proportions to the master bedroom while the smaller one has a built-in wardrobe.’
- ‘A wide selection of styles and layouts are available, including dual aspect penthouses with an open-plan format.’
- ‘Some of the apartments are dual-aspect, while most of the two-beds have a study included in the layout.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.