One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
A method of farming in semi-arid areas using drought-resistant crops and conserving moisture.
- ‘He developed dry farming and irrigation methods.’
- ‘The majority of producers combine dry farming, small-scale cattle ranching, and off-farm activities.’
- ‘In Italy, dry farming with little irrigation was the norm.’
- ‘At the same time, shrublands and forests began to be cleared and converted to dry farming.’
- ‘This latter group of small private producers combine livestock with dry farming and are referred to in this paper as small landowners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.