One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular period of prolonged dry weather.‘the best time to visit is during the winter dry season’
- ‘During the dry season in the Everglades, alligators use their tails, feet, and snouts to clear silt out of water-filled holes, creating in essence a small pond or marsh so they can submerge themselves.’
- ‘The lungfish is an animal capable of hibernating through the dry season by secreting a form of mucus through its pores that hardens into a makeshift cocoon.’
- ‘In the dry season, the air grows thick with smoke from burning hillsides.’
- ‘During the dry season, wind blew the cracked, dusty topsoil off his land.’
- ‘The ideal time to visit Cusco and the surrounding highlands is during the dry season, between April and October.’
- ‘During the dry season, it is less critical to find dry wood because even the greenest pine dries quickly.’
- ‘Smoke pollution from illegal land-clearing fires has become an annual problem during the region's mid-year dry season.’
- ‘The best time to visit is during the winter dry season, from May to October.’
- ‘At this time of year, near the start of the six-month dry season, reservoirs should be more than half full.’
- ‘Bali is a garden island much like Kauai, and our exotic adventure is conveniently scheduled during the dry season.’
- ‘Ambua Lodge is at an altitude of 2150m so, although equatorial, the weather is cool and wet - the dry season is merely relative.’
- ‘During the rainy season they would cross the river with wooden dugouts (wattos), and during the dry season when the water receded sufficiently they would wade through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.