One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular period of prolonged dry weather.‘the best time to visit is during the winter dry season’
- ‘During the dry season in the Everglades, alligators use their tails, feet, and snouts to clear silt out of water-filled holes, creating in essence a small pond or marsh so they can submerge themselves.’
- ‘Smoke pollution from illegal land-clearing fires has become an annual problem during the region's mid-year dry season.’
- ‘The ideal time to visit Cusco and the surrounding highlands is during the dry season, between April and October.’
- ‘During the dry season, it is less critical to find dry wood because even the greenest pine dries quickly.’
- ‘The best time to visit is during the winter dry season, from May to October.’
- ‘During the rainy season they would cross the river with wooden dugouts (wattos), and during the dry season when the water receded sufficiently they would wade through.’
- ‘In the dry season, the air grows thick with smoke from burning hillsides.’
- ‘During the dry season, wind blew the cracked, dusty topsoil off his land.’
- ‘Bali is a garden island much like Kauai, and our exotic adventure is conveniently scheduled during the dry season.’
- ‘Ambua Lodge is at an altitude of 2150m so, although equatorial, the weather is cool and wet - the dry season is merely relative.’
- ‘The lungfish is an animal capable of hibernating through the dry season by secreting a form of mucus through its pores that hardens into a makeshift cocoon.’
- ‘At this time of year, near the start of the six-month dry season, reservoirs should be more than half full.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.