Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A process in which a print is bonded to a mount using a layer of shellac in a hot press.[as modifier] ‘a dry-mounting press’
- ‘Other topics include conservation mounting, permanent mounting, cold and dry mounting and laminating, and matting your images using considerations such as size and color.’
- ‘AllPosters.com prominently offers mounting on wood in addition to dry mounting.’
- ‘In the following weeks the kids would take pictures, load film into developing tanks, develop the film, print photos using enlargers and learn to use a dry-mounting press to mount their finished photos.’
- ‘GatorWood can be used in both dry-mounting and pressure-sensitive mounting applications.’
- ‘Our students used our dry-mounting press set at 250 degrees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.