Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A process in which a print is bonded to a mount using a layer of shellac in a hot press.as modifier ‘a dry-mounting press’
- ‘In the following weeks the kids would take pictures, load film into developing tanks, develop the film, print photos using enlargers and learn to use a dry-mounting press to mount their finished photos.’
- ‘AllPosters.com prominently offers mounting on wood in addition to dry mounting.’
- ‘Other topics include conservation mounting, permanent mounting, cold and dry mounting and laminating, and matting your images using considerations such as size and color.’
- ‘Our students used our dry-mounting press set at 250 degrees.’
- ‘GatorWood can be used in both dry-mounting and pressure-sensitive mounting applications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.