Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Milk that has been preserved by evaporation and reduction to powder.
- ‘A couple of these co-ops also produced minor quantities of other products, such as butter, nonfat dry milk or whey products in addition to cheese.’
- ‘The Batavia plant turns out nonfat dry milk powder, buttermilk powder, whey powder, canned evaporated milk, butter, fluid condensed milk, iced coffee, nutritional beverages and various ethnic drinks.’
- ‘I asked her as she started to make a quart of dry milk.’
- ‘The support price for nonfat dry milk remains the same at 60.6 cents.’
- ‘The key words indicating lactose presence include whey, curds, milk by-products, dry milk solids, and non-fat dry milk powder.’
- ‘It was stocked full of every kind of can imaginable: juice, dry milk, vegetables, sauces, everything.’
- ‘In its most recent expansion, Carlisle invested in technology that gives the facility considerable flexibility in terms of the types of products it is able to dry - as opposed to just nonfat dry milk, whole milk and buttermilk.’
- ‘The ‘yogurt coating‘is mostly sugar and partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, with some non-fat dry milk and yogurt culture thrown in.’’
- ‘In 2003, the Winnsboro, Texas, plant churned cream into more than 100 million pounds of dairy products, including premium and bulk butter, butter oil, non-fat dry milk powder and other dairy ingredients.’
- ‘Other dairy ingredients such as whey or nonfat dry milk also provide an alternative source of dairy solids.’
- ‘It claims these imports have dramatically displaced the sale of milk and nonfat dry milk powder.’
- ‘He replaced a portion of the nonfat dry milk in the probiotic yogurt with acid whey protein.’
- ‘Boost the nutritional value by adding a little nonfat dry milk to increase calcium, some shredded carrots for betacarotene and whole wheat bread or even oatmeal for the bread crumbs.’
- ‘Add 2 tablespoons of dry milk to absorb extra moisture.’
- ‘Add powdered creamer or dry milk powder to hot cocoa, milkshakes, hot cereal, gravy, sauces, meat loaf, cream soups or puddings.’
- ‘The West Coast, especially the Golden State, is responsible for producing most of the country's ice cream, butter, nonfat dry milk and cheese.’
- ‘The optional dairy ingredients that can be included are milk, condensed milk, skim milk, nonfat dry milk, whey, skim-milk cheese, albumin from whey and EMC.’
- ‘The new Frito-Lay product uses Monterey jack cheese, non-fat dry milk and other cheese ingredients.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the sugar, egg yolks, ice cream stabilizer, and dry milk powder.’
- ‘Several dairy producer groups argue that MPC imports are displacing domestic milk solids, such as nonfat dry milk.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.