Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Milk that has been preserved by evaporation and reduction to powder.
- ‘The ‘yogurt coating‘is mostly sugar and partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, with some non-fat dry milk and yogurt culture thrown in.’’
- ‘He replaced a portion of the nonfat dry milk in the probiotic yogurt with acid whey protein.’
- ‘Other dairy ingredients such as whey or nonfat dry milk also provide an alternative source of dairy solids.’
- ‘The support price for nonfat dry milk remains the same at 60.6 cents.’
- ‘A couple of these co-ops also produced minor quantities of other products, such as butter, nonfat dry milk or whey products in addition to cheese.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the sugar, egg yolks, ice cream stabilizer, and dry milk powder.’
- ‘The optional dairy ingredients that can be included are milk, condensed milk, skim milk, nonfat dry milk, whey, skim-milk cheese, albumin from whey and EMC.’
- ‘The new Frito-Lay product uses Monterey jack cheese, non-fat dry milk and other cheese ingredients.’
- ‘The Batavia plant turns out nonfat dry milk powder, buttermilk powder, whey powder, canned evaporated milk, butter, fluid condensed milk, iced coffee, nutritional beverages and various ethnic drinks.’
- ‘In 2003, the Winnsboro, Texas, plant churned cream into more than 100 million pounds of dairy products, including premium and bulk butter, butter oil, non-fat dry milk powder and other dairy ingredients.’
- ‘It was stocked full of every kind of can imaginable: juice, dry milk, vegetables, sauces, everything.’
- ‘The West Coast, especially the Golden State, is responsible for producing most of the country's ice cream, butter, nonfat dry milk and cheese.’
- ‘I asked her as she started to make a quart of dry milk.’
- ‘Add powdered creamer or dry milk powder to hot cocoa, milkshakes, hot cereal, gravy, sauces, meat loaf, cream soups or puddings.’
- ‘Several dairy producer groups argue that MPC imports are displacing domestic milk solids, such as nonfat dry milk.’
- ‘The key words indicating lactose presence include whey, curds, milk by-products, dry milk solids, and non-fat dry milk powder.’
- ‘In its most recent expansion, Carlisle invested in technology that gives the facility considerable flexibility in terms of the types of products it is able to dry - as opposed to just nonfat dry milk, whole milk and buttermilk.’
- ‘Add 2 tablespoons of dry milk to absorb extra moisture.’
- ‘It claims these imports have dramatically displaced the sale of milk and nonfat dry milk powder.’
- ‘Boost the nutritional value by adding a little nonfat dry milk to increase calcium, some shredded carrots for betacarotene and whole wheat bread or even oatmeal for the bread crumbs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.