One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lining to an interior wall that does not need to be plastered.
- ‘Ensure your quote includes rooflights, the flooring structure, dry lining, insulation, ventilation requirements, all electrics, plumbing (if you need a bathroom upstairs) and the means of access.’
- ‘After completing an apprenticeship he was working for a company as a dry lining specialist on a self-employed basis.’
- ‘The dry lining fixer insisted he had not driven the vehicle that day and that the police were mistaken.’
- ‘The owners used plaster with latex in the house, which eliminates the need for dry lining and also has the flexibility to expand and contract with the old walls.’
- ‘The scheme, aimed at helping over-65s to meet the costs of replacing doors and windows, install dry lining, heating and other small-scale, yet important, work in their homes, was described yesterday as being ‘chronically under-funded.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.