One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A well drilled for oil or gas but yielding none.
- ‘Some newly discovered fields will be gushers and some will be dry holes.’
- ‘You can spend a whole lot of money on exploration and still hit dry holes.’
- ‘But Shell withdrew from exploration, because for 2 years it had drilled nothing but dry holes.’
- ‘It is very easy to drill dry holes and the only guarantee we have is that we will experience failures.’
- ‘This is a Texas oilman who seemed to drill nothing but dry holes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.