Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye, due to inadequate tear secretion.
- ‘Many conditions can interfere with the three sources of the tear film and lead to dry eye.’
- ‘The four patients had Stevens-Johnson syndrome, marked by cloudy corneas, dry eye and pain.’
- ‘The primary goal in managing dry eye is to replenish or preserve the tear film.’
- ‘Topical eye medications are also prescribed for eye infections and dry eye.’
- ‘When the process is compromised, the painful condition of dry eye occurs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.