Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye, due to inadequate tear secretion.
- ‘The four patients had Stevens-Johnson syndrome, marked by cloudy corneas, dry eye and pain.’
- ‘Topical eye medications are also prescribed for eye infections and dry eye.’
- ‘The primary goal in managing dry eye is to replenish or preserve the tear film.’
- ‘When the process is compromised, the painful condition of dry eye occurs.’
- ‘Many conditions can interfere with the three sources of the tear film and lead to dry eye.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.