One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye, due to inadequate tear secretion.
- ‘The primary goal in managing dry eye is to replenish or preserve the tear film.’
- ‘When the process is compromised, the painful condition of dry eye occurs.’
- ‘The four patients had Stevens-Johnson syndrome, marked by cloudy corneas, dry eye and pain.’
- ‘Topical eye medications are also prescribed for eye infections and dry eye.’
- ‘Many conditions can interfere with the three sources of the tear film and lead to dry eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.