One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric cell in which the electrolyte is absorbed in a solid to form a paste, preventing spillage.
- ‘The only equipment needed was the receiver, powered by dry cells.’
- ‘It operates, rather loudly, on a couple dry cells, and is triggered with a small remote so that you can activate it from across the room without being obvious.’
- ‘They can run on replaceable dry cells.’
- ‘Manganese dioxide is used primarily in the manufacture of dry cells.’
- ‘Over the past three decades we and others have established that they are almost certainly involved in stabilizing the dry cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.