One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric cell in which the electrolyte is absorbed in a solid to form a paste, preventing spillage.
- ‘Over the past three decades we and others have established that they are almost certainly involved in stabilizing the dry cells.’
- ‘Manganese dioxide is used primarily in the manufacture of dry cells.’
- ‘It operates, rather loudly, on a couple dry cells, and is triggered with a small remote so that you can activate it from across the room without being obvious.’
- ‘The only equipment needed was the receiver, powered by dry cells.’
- ‘They can run on replaceable dry cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.